Saturday, September 21, 2013

Early Fall Season Steelie

Last night I went to bed early with the intention of sleeping in on my day off, being that the rivers are a little low for fishing. But being a creature of habit and an early riser for work, as usual I was automatically wide awake at 5 a.m. Lying there, I thought, what the hell, I am up, I might as well head out and test the new Vision fly rod my friend  Brad from Soo North fly shop sent me.





That ended up being the right decision. I had a good test on the rod landing about a 5 pound steelhead. I have to say that my initial impression of this rod, very positive. When I get a few more pictures and more run time, I'll do a complete review, but its looking good.

 
Not being quite as organized this morning I had to dig into my waiters to retrieve my Go Pro and managed to get some footage of the fish. Here is a small video of me landing my 1st fall fish.
 
 
 

Swinging Early Fall Season Steelies On Vision FlyRod from Just An Aging Steelheader on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment